Call for Entries: “At Home,” Winter 2024 Exhibit
Artwork for the Norris Gallery’s Winter 2024 show, “At Home”, reflects what “home” means to the artist. Artists may submit up to three ORIGINAL pieces of work 2D or 3D in all media for consideration. Work that has been previously exhibited in the Norris Gallery is not eligible. The entry deadline to submit entries to Entrythingy.com is Monday, November 13.
The non-refundable entry fee for up to three entries is $30.00. All work must be for sale and must remain in the gallery for the duration of the show. All entries must be ORIGINAL in concept and execution – no reproductions or giclees.
- Entry deadline: Monday, November 13
- Artist notification: Artists will be notified by the end of November of the sign-up schedule to
drop off accepted work
- Drop off accepted work: Monday, January 8, 2024
- Show dates: January 13 – February 18, 2024
- Reception: Sunday, January 21 (2- 4 p.m.) Awards will be presented at 3 p.m.
- Art work pick up: Monday, February 19 (11 a.m. – 1 p.m. during pre-arranged times)
Important show information:
- When artists receive information about the status of their entries, they will also receive paper work that must be completed and brought with their work on drop off day (January 8). All work must be correctly prepared for display according to the directions provided in the paperwork to be included in the show. 2D work must be framed with hangers and wire attached to the back of the frame. If you have questions about the display requirements, contact the Norris at the phone number below.
- Size and weight limitations: 2D work cannot exceed 6 feet in width or height and 50 pounds, including the frame and glass. Smaller2D and 3D work may be exhibited in the locked glass display case (maximum height of work= 24”, maximum width= 24”, maximum depth= 15”, maximum weight= 20 pounds). The gallery has a limited number of pedestals for displaying larger work and free-standing work can be displayed on the floor. Artists may bring their own pedestals. Artist must provide display accessories if needed for jewelry, fiber, etc.
- Artists are responsible to provide insurance for their own work, and work must remain in the gallery throughout the show run.
- The Norris Gallery collects a standard 30% commission on the price of work sold. Artists will receive payment for sold work following the show.
- The judge for At Home is Elizabeth Dzuricsko, an exhibiting artist and Director of the Dr. Scholl Gallery at Marmion Academy. Awards will be announced during the show reception on Sunday, January 21.
For questions about At Home and directions to the Norris Cultural Arts Center, please check the Norris website at www.norrisculturalarts.com or call 630-584-7200 and leave a message. Gallery hours are Thursday – Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Norris Cultural Arts Center is located at 1040 Dunham Road, St. Charles, Illinois 60174.