Call for Entries – InSIGHTful: A Visual Arts View of Optimism
Artists are invited to enter artwork from the past year that conveys OPTIMISM. Imagery can depict, but is not limited to, the creative use of materials or imagery, exploration of color, recording interactions or connections, the use of innovative techniques, or capturing peaceful moments of quiet beauty.
CLICK HERE for instructions to submit your entry online.
Location: Norris Cultural Arts Center Gallery, St. Charles, Illinois
Show dates: January 22 – February 26, 2022
Entry deadline: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Artist notification: Artists will be notified of the status of their entries by December 14.
Date to drop off accepted work: Monday, January 17 (time schedule will be sent to artists)
Number of entries: 1 – 3
Entry Fee: $30.00
Show reception: TBA
Date to pick up show work: Sunday, February 27 (time schedule will be sent to artists)
Requirements for show entries:
All work must be for sale. Norris Galleries will collect 30% commission on sold work.
Work will be posted on the Norris Galleries website for the duration of the show as well as displayed in the Norris Galleries.
All work must be ORIGINAL in concept, execution and content. No reproductions or giclee are allowed.
All accepted work must be dropped off in person by the artist or by their authorized representative – no mailed entries are possible.
Open to all 2D and 3D media that fits within these size and dimensional limits:
- 2D artwork – maximum weight including framing is 50 pounds
- 2D artwork must be framed and have wire securely attached to the back of the frame with two hangers
- 2D work will be hung on the gallery walls or displayed in a locked glass display case
- 2D artwork cannot exceed 4′ x 4′ or the equivalent total inches
- 3D artwork – maximum weight of artwork is 20 pounds
- 3D artwork – maximum height of work is 18 inches, maximum with is 18 inches and maximum depth is 12 inches
- Accepted 3D work will be displayed in a locked glass display case during the show run
Content: Work must be suitable for viewing by all audiences.
Artist Statement: REQUIRED (must be submitted with entries). Artists must submit a statement about their work (individual statements about each entry or a single statement about the body of work) that describes in 50 words per or less per statement how their work portrays a “visual arts view of optimism”.