Call for Entries-Watercolor 2019
Norris Gallery committee invites artists to submit up to three original pieces for judging for the annual Watercolor 2019 exhibit, featuring original watercolor works.
Only original watercolor work may be submitted (no giclee, reproductions or mixed media).
- Entry deadline: Monday, January 7
- Artists notified of status of submissions: by February 1, 2019
- Accepted work drop-off day: Monday, February 18 (3 – 6 pm)
- Show dates: February 23 – April 14 (Gallery hours: Wednesday – Sunday, 11 am – 4 pm)
- Reception: Sunday, March 17 (2 – 4 pm)
- Work pick-up day: Monday, April 15 (3 – 6 pm)
Exhibit and Entry Requirements:
- All work submitted for consideration must be original in concept and execution.
- All work must be new to the Norris (never exhibited in the gallery).
- Accepted work must be prepared in accordance with gallery guidelines.
- Directions will be sent to accepted artists concerning preparation of accepted work. Work must accommodate the Walker hanging system used in the gallery.
- All work must be able to fit through a 28” x 7 ‘ doorway for delivery and be able to be easily moved. Special display/installation instructions must be provided if applicable.
- All work must have an artist identification label attached to the work (directions will be sent to accepted artists).
- The Norris reserves the right to refuse to exhibit any work that does not follow gallery requirements. All work accepted for the gallery must be suitable for viewing by all audiences. NCAC reserves the sole right to make final show decisions.
- Artists are responsible for providing insurance for their work.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $30.00 will be charged to each artist. New for 2019: Payment, application and images will all be submitted online for the 2019 show through the online submission service entrythingy. Call the Norris Business Office if you have questions about the submission process (630-584-7200) or email the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org. See also: norrisculturalarts.com for more info.
- An artist may submit up to 3 works for consideration.
- The Norris will retain thirty percent (30%) of the selling price on each work sold in the gallery to defray operating expenses. Artists will be notified of the sale of their work and receive a check within 4 weeks of the close of the show.
- Awards of Excellence will be presented for this juried show and will be presented during the artists’ reception. Information about the show judge will be posted on the Norris website prior to the show entry deadline.
- All exhibited work must remain on display for the duration of the show and cannot be picked up prior to the scheduled “pick-up” date. Artwork substitutions are not allowed for the show.
- Work must be picked up by the artist or by a representative designated by the artist. Work not picked up after seven days of the closing of the show will become property of the Norris Cultural Arts Center.
- Artists are encouraged to submit a resume or artist statement to be displayed during the show.
- NCAC reserves the right to photograph all exhibited work for use in catalogues, NCAC website, and for educational, publicity and promotional purposes.