Call for Entries: Watercolor 2024
Artists are invited to submit up to three ORIGINAL watercolor artworks for consideration for the annual Norris Gallery watercolor show. Giclees, reproductions, mixed media and acrylic work are not eligible for this show. Work that has been previously exhibited in the Norris Gallery cannot be entered. The deadline to submit your entries through Entrythingy.com is Friday, January 12, 2024. The non-refundable entry fee for up to three entries is $30.00. All work is for sale and must remain in the gallery for the duration of the show.
Watercolor 2024 Show Dates:
- Entry deadline: Friday, January 12, 2024
- Artist notification: Artists will be notified of the status of their work by January 31
- Drop off work: Monday, February 19 during reserved time slot (between 2 – 4 pm)
- Show Dates: Saturday, February 24 – Sunday, April 14
- Artist Reception: Sunday, March 10 (2 – 4 pm / awards presented at 3 pm)
- Pick up show work: Monday, April 15 during reserved time slot arranged in advance
Important Show Information:
- Artists will be notified of the status of their entries by the end of January. Artists whose work is accepted will receive information about the show and paperwork to complete and bring with their work on Monday, February 19. The paperwork must be completed in advance and will provide information that is used to create the show cards and catalog. Artists must reserve a drop off time in advance (see notification paperwork instructions).
- 2D artwork must be framed and prepared for installation with hangers and wire according to the directions provided in the notification paperwork. Work that is not correctly prepared will not be installed. We do not have preparation supplies available in the gallery.
- Size and weight limitations: Framed work cannot exceed 6 feet in any dimension or weigh more than 50 pounds (including frame and glass or plexiglass). Work must be portable and fit through the gallery door. Smaller work may be displayed in the locked glass display case, but still must have hangers and wire attached. If any watercolor work is 3D, it must be able to be displayed in the case or on a pedestal or free standing on the floor. Weight limit for work shown in the case is 20 pounds and a maximum of 24” tall x 24” wide x 15” deep).
- Artists are responsible for insuring their own work, and all work must remain in the gallery for the duration of the show.
- All work is for sale. Include the cost to frame your work and the 30% gallery commission when determining the price of your work. Artists whose work is purchased work will receive their payment following the conclusion of the show.
- The non-refundable entry fee is $30.00 for up to three entries.
- All work must be ORIGINAL watercolor work (see show description). “Original” includes the concept and execution of the work.
- The show judge is Steve Puttrich, an established watercolor artist. Information about the judge and the show reception on March 10 will be posted on the Norris website.
- For questions and information about the show, visit: norrisculturalarts.com or call 630-584-7200 and leave a message. Calls will be returned when staff is able to do so.
- The Norris Gallery is located at 1040 Dunham Road in St. Charles on the campus of St. Charles East High School. Parking and admission are free. Hours are: Thursday – Sunday from 11 am – 4pm and when there are programs in the Center. Directions are posted on the Norris website.