Requirements for All Exhibits
For the convenience and understanding of all artists submitting work to be judged for any Norris-produced art exhibit, we post the following requirements for all exhibits:
- All artwork accepted for Norris Gallery exhibits must be dropped off and picked up by the artist or a designated representative. The Norris Gallery will not allow delivery or return shipment via U.S. mail or any commercial delivery service.
- Artwork submitted for the Norris Gallery exhibits should be original in concept, design and execution and must be NEW (never before exhibited) in the Norris Gallery.
- Every 2D piece must have a label affixed to the lower right corner on the back side, listing the artist’s name, title of work, medium and selling price or value, if not for sale. 3D work must have a name label securely attached to the piece.
- All 2D artwork must be ready to install with a wire hanger (appropriate for size and weight of artwork submitted) that can be accommodated by the gallery’s hanging system. No ceiling suspended works will be accepted.
- To avoid hanging errors, attach special hanging directions securely to the back of the artwork. Make sure directions are legible. For non-representational work, include a tag labeled “top” for the top of the work. Each piece to be displayed must be able to fit through a 28 inch by 7-foot (28″ x 7′) doorway for delivery.
- The Norris Gallery reserves the right to refuse to exhibit any work that does not adhere to the hanging and display requirements such as improper wiring, poor quality matting, framing or unstable 3D work. All work submitted for display must be suitable for viewing by all audiences. NCAC reserves the sole right to make that final determination.
- The Norris will retain thirty percent (30%) of the selling price of each work sold which helps to defray operating expenses. Artists will be notified of any sales of their work and a check will be sent within three weeks of exhibit closing.
- Artwork must remain on display for the duration of the exhibit and CANNOT be picked up prior to the scheduled “Pick-Up” date.
- Artwork substitutions are not allowed during the exhibit.
- Artwork must be picked-up by the artist or a representative only on the specified Pick-Up date and time.
- After seven (7) days of the exhibit’s scheduled Pick-Up date, the artwork will become the property of the Norris Cultural Arts Center.
- Artists are encouraged to submit a resume and/or artist’s statement with the Entry Form.
- See requirements for each specific exhibit.
Requirements for Vicinity Exhibit
This juried exhibition is open to artists residing within a 50-mile radius of the Norris Gallery. The exhibit entries will include originals in painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, fiber art, jewelry and mixed media.
- Artists should bring one (1) ready-to-hang or ready to display piece of artwork together with the non-refundable entry fee at the time and date specified in the exhibit “call for entries,” and complete an Exhibition Agreement.
- Professional jurors will choose the exhibit content from these submissions and select the award winners.
- Artists MUST CALL at the time and date specified in the exhibit “call for entries” to confirm if their artwork was selected.
- Artwork not selected MUST be Picked-Up at the time and date specified in the exhibit “call for entries.”
NOTE: NCAC reserves the right to photograph all exhibited works for catalogues, website, educational, publicity and promotional purposes.
DISCLAIMER: The NCAC assumes no responsibility or liability for damaged or stolen artwork while being part of a gallery exhibit. Utmost care will be taken in handling and hanging. Artists are responsible for insuring their own artwork.