Vicinity 2021 – Call for Art
Artists residing within 50 miles of St. Charles are invited to submit entries for Vicinity 2021. Open to all 2D and 3D media (see specific 3D criteria below). Entries must be original work in concept, design and execution. One entry allowed per artist. Please refer to the Gallery main page for summer 2021 Norris gallery hours and contact information, and to the Vicinity Show Requirements page for more information about Vicinity 2021.
- Friday, July 30 – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Artists or their designated representatives must drop off work in person at The Norris during this time block. See Vicinity Show Requirements for more information about work eligibility and preparation.
- Saturday, July 31 – Entries will be judged.
- Sunday, August 1 – Artists will be contacted via email or by phone about the accepted or declined status of their entries.
- Monday, August 2 – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Artists or their representatives pick up declined work.
- Tuesday, August 3 – Exhibit is installed in the gallery.
- Saturday, August 7, through Saturday, October 23 – Exhibit open to the public, Saturdays and Sundays ONLY, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed Sunday, September 5.)
- Sunday, September 12 – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Free, public reception and awards ceremony in the gallery.
- Sunday, October 24 – Artwork pick up day for artists or their representatives, by appointment only. (Details will be shared with participating artists.)
Important Vicinity 2021 Show Information
- Non-refundable entry fee of $30 is due on drop-off day, and must be paid by cash or check only.
- Artwork must be original in concept, design and execution – no reproductions.
- 2D artwork must be ready for installation and all work must have artist identification attached to the work (see Vicinity Show Requirements)
- ALL WORK MUST BE FOR SALE and remain on exhibit for the duration of the show.
- 2D work cannot exceed 6 feet in width, 6 feet in height, and 50 pounds in weight, including frame and glass.
- 3D work must be able to fit within the gallery’s glass display case, conforming to the following size and weight limits: 24 inches maximum height, 24 inches maximum width, 15 inches maximum depth, 20 pounds maximum weight. All 3D works meeting these criteria and the originality requirement are eligible for submission, including jewelry, sculpture, glass, fiber, ceramics, book art, mixed media, etc. Please note: we are planning a more extensive 3D show at a later date when we will have more gallery space available to display larger works.
- The Exhibition Agreement will be available at The Norris gallery on the drop-off date.
- Artwork must be new to the galleries and accepted work must remain on exhibit for the duration of the show. Work must be appropriate for viewing by all audiences.
- Vicinity 2021 will be available for viewing online during the show and until the end of the year. Artists agree to their works’ inclusion in the virtual Vicinity 2021 Show during this time period.
- The Norris retains a standard 30% commission on all work sold through the galleries and through our online, virtual exhibits.
- The show judges will designate monetary awards for “Best of Show” and “Awards of Excellence” winners, and also will determine Honorable Mention awards. Information about the judges and the awards will be posted on The Norris website.
See Vicinity Show Requirements page on this website for more information.