Vicinity 2019 – Call for entries
Artists who reside within 50 miles of St. Charles are invited to submit entries for Vicinity 2019. Open to all media; one entry per artist.
- Friday, August 23 (10 am – 6 pm) – Entries are due, one entry per artist.
- Saturday, August 24 – Entries will be judged. Show judges are Corey Postiglione and Jerry Stefl. (Judges’ bios will be posted soon.) Awards will be presented during the show reception September 15.
- Sunday, August 25 (10 am – 2 pm) – Artists call in about status of their entries.
- Monday, August 26 (3 – 6 pm) – Pick up day for the entries not accepted.
- Wednesday, September 4 through Sunday, November 3 – Show run. Gallery hours are Wednesday – Sunday, 11 am – 4 pm during show.
- Sunday, September 15 (2 – 4 pm) – Public reception for the artists. Open to all, free parking. Refreshments and presentation of awards.
- Monday, November 4 (1 – 6 pm) – Pick up day for show work.
- One entry per artist. The non-refundable entry fee is $30.00. Payment can be made on-site in cash or by check.
- The Show Agreement and artwork receipt forms will be available in the galleries when artists drop off their work on August 23. A label with artist contact information and work description must be attached to the work. Blank labels will be available at work drop off. All 2D work must have hangers and wire attached to the back. All work must be able to fit through entrance doors and be able to be easily moved. All work is self-insured by the artists.
- 2D and 3D work in any medium is eligible for consideration in the Vicinity 2019 show as long as the work is original in concept and execution. Work must be new to display in the Norris Galleries, and appropriate for viewing by all audiences.
Please see our “Requirements for All Exhibits” page for additional information.