Vicinity, Winter 2021, Call for Entries
The Covid-19 pandemic forced the postponement of our annual Fall exhibit, Vicinity, into the winter of 2021. Please observe the dates and requirements described below.
Artists who reside within 50 miles of St. Charles are invited to submit entries for Vicinity – Winter 2021. Open to all media; one entry per artist.
- Monday, January 4 – Entry drop off at The Norris, one entry per artist. (Call for appointment to drop off your art,)
- Tuesday, January 5 – Entries will be judged. Awards will be presented during the show reception, February 28.
- Wednesday, January 6 (10 am – 2 pm) – Artists call in about status of their entries.
- Thursday, January 7 – Pick up day for the entries not accepted. (Call for appointment to pick up your art.)
- Saturday, January 9, through Sunday, February 28 – Exhibit dates. Gallery hours are Wednesday – Sunday, 11 am – 4 pm during show, unless otherwise announced.
- To be announced – Public reception for the artists. Open to all, free parking. Refreshments and presentation of awards.
- Monday, March 1 – Pick up day for show work. (Call for appointment to pick up your art.)
- One entry per artist. The non-refundable entry fee is $30.00. Payment can be made on-site in cash or by check.
- The Show Agreement and artwork receipt forms will be available in the galleries when artists drop off their work on January 4. A label with artist contact information and work description must be attached to the work. Blank labels will be available at work drop off. All 2D work must have hangers and wire attached to the back. All work must be able to fit through entrance doors and be able to be easily moved. All work is self-insured by the artists.
- 2D and 3D work in any medium is eligible for consideration in the Vicinity – Winter 2021 exhibit as long as the work is original in concept and execution. Work must be new to display in the Norris Galleries, and appropriate for viewing by all audiences.
Please see our “Requirements for All Exhibits” page for additional information.